Author Archives: Cheryl Thompson
It’s time to celebrate our season – Tuesday, November 15th from 6 pm – 8 pm in the cafeteria. Athletes are free. Guests who have rsvp’d but not yet paid can pay at the door. We will be handing out info on next year’s camp, selling merchandise, celebrating our seniors, and recognizing each athlete. We are looking forward to a wonderful evening.
We need at least 20 more volunteers to sign up online by Nov 20th. Volunteering is Sunday, Dec 4th from 6:30 a-9:30 p. Sign up by following the link below. Our team will receive $10 per volunteer and you’ll receive a cool Hot Chocolate Sweatshirt. We need your help. Please register today.
Want to support our amazing Cross Country team? It’s so easy with eScrip.
You can EARN MONEY FOR CORONA CROSS COUNTRY WITH THESE NO COST FUNDRAISERS! Please note #3 below has a deadline of November 30th. We are looking for at least 10 people to sign up so please sign up today.
There are now three ways to earn money for Corona Cross Country with eScrip! It doesn’t cost you a thing. We hope to use these earnings to cover expenses, including our summer camp costs. Be sure to select “Corona Cross Country Boosters Club” as your beneficiary.
1) Use the eScrip online mall to shop at your favorite online stores,
2) Register your credit or debit card with the eScrip Dining program and earn money when you eat at your favorite restaurants (some examples: Jack in the Box, Bahama Bucks, Buca di Beppo, Hungry Howie’s, Pizza Hut and many more) and
3) The latest way to earn is through Benefit Mobile. Download the Benefit app to buy and redeem gift cards instantly while earning for your cause. Earn up to 20% on every purchase when you pay with Benefit! Includes many stores, restaurants and even travel! We will receive $100 for every 10 people who sign up and purchase their first gift card before November 30th! Sign up today!
Follow this link to learn more and start earning!
http://www.escrip.com/ (Scroll down to the bottom to see all the ways to earn.)
Please contact coronadelsolXC@gmail.com with questions.
This Sunday from 2 pm – 4 pm parents will be meeting to make our Popsicle Stick Photos to display at the banquet. We would love more parent help. If you can work a pair of scissors or a glue gun, you’ve got all the skills we need and we’d love to have you! It’s a great way to meet some of the other parents and help make the banquet more special for the kids. Senior parents will be working on the shadow box gifts at the same time/place. If you can attend, please rsvp to Vicki firstname.lastname@example.org to get the address where we’re meeting. Hope to see you there.
Lots happening on Thursday – Professional Photos, including team photo; uniform return for non-varsity; coupon card fundraiser begins.
Coupon Card Camp Fundraiser Launches Thursday, Oct 20th.
This is a voluntary fundraiser for athletes to earn money towards their summer camp fee. If an athlete is not going to camp but wants to support the team, they are welcome to sell cards and help build our team funds. For every coupon card sold, the athlete earns a $6 credit towards their camp fee (no cash can be given directly to the individual) and for those not attending camp, it will be applied towards the team account.
Athletes: there’s no limit. The more you sell, the more you earn. And as an added incentive, for every 10 cards you sell, you get your own card to keep. The cards are sold for only $10. There’s a lot more value than the $10 cost. Bahama Bucks, Firehouse Subs, and Zoyo are just some of the merchants totaling 64 coupons (see below for merchant list).
Cards will be distributed at practice October 20th.
- For those not familiar with the summer camp, the Booster Club has planned and organized a summer camp for the past 3 summers for all those on the Corona XC team. This coming summer in 2017, the camp is planned to be held in July at NAU in Flagstaff. The coaches attend along with chaperones and the days are spent learning running skills, training, and strategies, healthy eating and exercise/strength building, and team bonding.
Our end of the season banquet is next month. It’s a wonderful celebration of our season. We need each family to click on the RSVP link below to indicate who is coming to the banquet, even if the athlete is the only one attending from the family. We are also asking for volunteers to help at the banquet. Please use the link below to volunteer. If someone besides the athlete is attending the banquet, please complete the banquet form and send in your payment (checks payable to Cross Country Boosters Club) to the address indicated on the form. Be sure to put your payment and banquet form in a sealed envelope. We hope to see many families at the banquet.
We received our first quarterly Fry’s reward statement. Thank you to the 15 families who enrolled. We have 60+ athletes which means most haven’t enrolled yet. It’s easy to enroll and it’s free money for our team. Thanks for supporting our Cross Country Team!
All you need to do is re-enroll each year on August 1st. Then every time you shop, our team earns $. It doesn’t cost you anything but a few minutes to re-enroll (or enroll for the 1st time if you haven’t done it in the past).
How to Re-Enroll for the Fry’s Community Rewards Program
1. Go to www.FrysCommunityRewards.com
2. Click on ‘Sign-In’.
3. Enter your email and password, click on ‘sign in’.
4. Click on your name (top right hand corner), under ‘Account Summary’ scroll down to “Community Rewards”.
5. Click on ‘Edit’ under Community Rewards.
6. Under Find Your Organization: Enter 41905 or you search using Corona Cross Country.
7. Under ‘Select Your Organization’, click on the circle next to your organization.
8. Click on ‘Enroll’
If you have re-enrolled correctly, you should see a green box with ‘Your enrollment in the Community Rewards Program has been updated. Thank you for participating!’ You will also see the information listed under ‘Community Rewards’ on your Account Summary page.
We have shirts ($5), socks ($10), car decals ($5), and cinch bags ($10) for sale. Please view this link to sign up for any items you’d like to purchase. http://www.mysignup.com/2106coronacrosscountrymerchandise